HMRC Investigations and Enquiries
Being the subject of a tax investigation or enquiry by HMRC can be a stressful and worrying experience. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC investigations, whether they are enquiries into an individual’s Tax Return, more detailed enquiries into a company’s affairs or employer-related investigations into PAYE and P11d compliance. If you are the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
Protect Yourself from the Cost of an HMRC Investigation
At CT Associates we can provide you with a Tax Investigation Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as a result of a Tax or VAT Enquiry from HMRC.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected: a business, a director or an individual tax payer.
The Fee Protection we can provide is an all-embracing Policy that provides you with the ultimate protection.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.
Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- A compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved).
Peace of Mind
Included as part of the Tax Investigation Service is comprehensive access to the Employment Law, Health and Safety and HR expertise, all at no cost to you.
You’ll gain valuable access to highly experienced consultants who can provide you with their guidance and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects and issues.
CT Associates is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited - the market leading Fee Protection Insurance provider in the UK.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01795 428 928. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.